photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Friday 30 August 2013

In which I am completely pampered


"Don't fall asleep. Ruth, do NOT fall asleep" - my thoughts as I received my rose cocoon massage listening to sweet string music and inhaling the incredible fragrance of rose and lime. 

I said the same to myself as I received my scalp massage which was so incredibly blissful I definitely fell asleep.

It had been planned for months, my mother and I to go on a spa day two days before I went away and the day finally arrived. 

The place is Owl House Day Spa in Diseworth, Derbyshire - and oh how incredible. We were greeted by a stunning entrance hall and pleasant receptionists who showed us to the "Owl Nest Cafe" (aw) where we were offered herbal tea and fruit juices (no coffee! - no caffeine allowed I can imagine!). We filled in a long consultation form that asked us everything from whether we were depressed, excited or had a headache to why we were at the spa. 

'Powder room'
We were given a robe and slippers for the day and had an hour to kill before our first treatment (oh there was plenty to do), we found a quiet room (all beautifully labelled on the doors), there are several where you can relax and wait for your treatment and read a magazine (where we enjoyed a glass of champagne and a slice of cake, yum), or there is a courtyard with a hot tub and day beds (they were my favourite!). An hour later we were taken to our first treatment. Rasul. 

A.K.A. "Pig In Mud" - 

We had our bikinis on and we scrubbed ourselves with a mixture of sugars and essential oils (a lot of scrub! - we just kept slathering!) and were left in a herbal steam chamber (looked like an alton towers ride by the look of the chairs!) for 20 minutes then we showered to remove all the oils and my skin still feels incredible and soft. 

I find it very hard to relax and the chilled out atmosphere displayed by all staff was so refreshing and made it very easy for you to unwind and relax. 

We then had separate treatments, I had a rose cocoon where I was smothered in rose oil (smelt like an English country garden!) and wrapped in the cloths for half an hour whilst I received my head and scalp massage where rose oil was massaged into my scalp (great if you have any scalp issues like dermatitis or dandruff!). I was then "brought round" (I definitely felt like I'd been hypnotised!) with a tissue sprayed with lime oil -mmmm. 

Wear a bikini and avoid mirrors! 
Afternoon Tea Time! We sat out in the courtyard and enjoyed salmon and cucumber, ham and mustard and brie and cranberry sandwiches followed by scones, brownie and lemon cake. All washed down with a cup of tea and raspberry and rose water 

It was then time to leave - we had no idea what time it was because we took our watches off and the spa is strict on 'no clocks anywhere' - we'd been five hours! - where it had gone I do not know! 

We left the spa feeling happily rejuvenated and would love to go back to use the hot tub, relive the Rasul experience and try another treatment - and just enjoy lying on the day beds reading. 

The spa caters for everyone from mums to be (there was a very-ready-to-be mummy there) to hen parties. I know where I'll be going for my next birthday treat!

Happy relaxing


RHS x

No comments:

Post a Comment