photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Micellar


Ah I wish this post was about an actually cellar that was mine which housed lots of wines - unfortunately thats the inheritance. 

No no, its the new "step aside make-up remover wipes" solution. I have make-up remover wipes but ever since I went to France and got lost in their incredible La Pharmacie's I have stood by the French made La Roche-Posay. Nothing has come close to removing my make up down to the last clogged pore. 

I used to swipe over my face with some No.7 face wipe - which according to my Dermatologist at Clinique (ok, just the guy who runs the counter who I go and cry to about my skin every week in Boots) pushes make up into pores, I know, so he told me I need to use a water based cleanser. So it was
my mission in France to buy some La Roche, and please buy La Roche in France, not England, not Spain, not the Bahamas but France.

I got the Physiological Micellar Solution 400ml for €11 - in Boots 200ml of the stuff is £12! - don't say I didn't try to tell you. 

Anyway my usual routine is swipe with a face wipe and scratch my eyes trying to remove mascara, wash my face with Clinique and then use Clinique Clarifying Lotion (like an exfoliator in toner form) and that cotton pad used to be filthy! (even after using soap!) - but now that my Fairy Godmother has waved her wand over my head and not Cinder's I have La Roche, it wipes away days of dirt - its incredible and the smell yum, its like a subtle coconut mm-mm. 

So whats in it - Ruth has done her homework 

The first ingredient is 'Aqua' - so there's a bit of a dodgy 90's band in there but I can deal with that. 

Then one ingredient I am going to look out for in future is 'Poloxamer' - there are many forms, 184 in this Micellar - its used to cut through oils and dirt and allow it to stick to the 'Aqua' on the cotton pad so everything is lifted off your face like a magnet - lovely, ta. 

Polyaminopropyl Biguanide - this is a great substance which is found in many areas of cosmeceuticals, its used in baby wipes, contact lens solution and other make up removal formulas. Its great because it has antibacterial properties - the Micellar solution is non-comdengenic which means it stops acne being aggravated. 

Chemistry lesson adjourned. 

So after a week or so of me using this solution I saw it in a magazine (but a L'Oreal version - which may be cheaper than going to france to get some La Roche!), and apparently its a favourite backstage at LFW to quickly remove lipstick to the lip base for quick make up changes! - I know, Auntie Ruth is amazing.

Why Micellar and not cleanser? - cleanser clogs your paws and your pores and makes your skin pause and gives you spots, Micellar is just good water. 

Do not use make up remover wipes, ever! - repeat!
or if you MUST, use a Micellar afterwards! 

RHS x

No comments:

Post a Comment