photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Saturday 8 February 2014

Halfway



I think I am more the glass half empty kind of person when it comes to this kind of half. Half of my (our) university career is over, I can't believe it has been that long since I arrived as a nervous 18 year old and now I'm 20 with only 15 months left. Where has the time gone?

Anyway, enough pondering, questioning and wondering. Last night saw the Halfway dinner for second years. It was a formal event with a toast to the college, a speech by the Dean and lamb was even on the menu!

Lamb, eurgh, whoever invented that meat, let alone that animal needs shooting (they're probably already dead), I hate that meat, it is one of the only things I won't eat (that and pineapple - serious allergies). And it was on the menu, which was fine, it just meant I had the vegemetarian option instead, which was vegetables in a fill pastry, with vegetables on the side.. veg and more veg! I could never be a vegetarian. 

Anyway, everyone looked very smart, the boys in suits, the girls in classy dresses. I was potentially in THE brightest dress EVER - at least it was red (the colour of the college) and my nails matched. 

The meal went so quickly though, it was all over far too fast and when it was ever so slightly knocked off balance with an attempted (but very funny) neck nomination (worth a try I guess), everyone diffused to have a natter. It was nice to see people in that environment rather than running past each other at 4pm on your way to a lecture.

This is where I have to reach for my phone as I was taking notes at the end of the night on the bus back from Durham - on my own as Natalie left me! boohoo (to go home, she had work, not anything else!) 

A lot of people said to me "don't put that on the blog!" like I was going to transcribe their conversations on here - I don't do that don't worry! You can speak to me in confidence that I won't spill your gossip on here! (unless you really want me to!) 

When myself and Natalie got on the bus to Durham - that is ran, I almost and I mean I think I nearly did, break my ankle - stilettos and running = unhappy ankles. The bus driver waited for us, bless him to which Natalie said "thank you mr taxi driver!" - ah man, one bottle of wine and we forget our own names. And our age apparently as I was convinced I'm half way to 36, but in actual fact, this may shock you, I'm halfway to 40 - when did THAT happen?! - I've lost two years from somewhere! 

I said "surprise me" to the woman behind the bar in Whisky River (cocktail bar in Durham - so incredible) and I got a "forbidden fruit" cocktail which was so tasty, and I think it was soda water based = cha ching no calories! 

After squeezing our vegetarian filled bodies through Fabios to get a glass of water (really) we attempted to get a Subway - which wasn't happening because it was packed however I did manage to have a minor argument with an obnoxious Durham student about his friend who had pushed to the front of the queue, blindly missing eight people in the queue behind him. I had words, I wasn't impressed, but it was fine because he had a subway... common theme here... 

I got the bus back and was sat merrily typing away the evening, I got home, took my make up off with A MAKE UP WIPE - I know, God of make up removal, I am so so so sorry. BUT thankfully there was hot water (there is never hot water here!) so I was able to Clinique myself up and remove my make up properly (I am not going to make up removal hell). 

I may have had some curly fries when I got in - which I managed to burn?! - ahh this is why they turned the cookers off in halls at night - they were still edible though, only a few had slightly charred edges. 

All in all it was a good night, really really nice to see everyone and have a catch up. And I am really happy that people from Uni read this blog! - seeing as it is mainly about Uni, but I write it for you not for me so thanks guys! :D 

Here's to the next year and a half!
RHS x


p.s. thanks to Sam for the photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment