photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Friday 7 February 2014

The Library


I thought I'd take 10 minutes procrastination time to write a blog post. I am currently sat in the library, researching antecedents of public service motivation and I am having a break of eating walnuts and drinking freezing cold water. 

I have been here, hmm about an hour now and I have already seen some very interesting sites. 

If you are in the library and not currently sitting a computer, you most definitely have an Apple product, be it an iPad, MacBook or covered in a green skin, you have one. I have to hold my hands up to that one. 

If you are in the quiet study area (as I am), it is acceptable to talk about who you are going to "cock block" tonight at the marrow strip, not mentioning any names... The marrow strip is a charity night in which people get naked and people pay to go and watch, high entertaining I can only imagine...

It is then also appropriate to chat about what you're having for tea, what you did last night, what you're plans are for your neck nomination challenge, it involves a toilet brush apparently.

It is also vitally important that you don't make eye contact with anyone when you walk in and out of the library. Ensure you maintain a straight forward "I'm in working mode" look about you to avoid any awkward "hey!"s that come out a bit squeaky as you're not sure if you're allowed to talk or not. If you do catch somebody's eye, a simple smile will send them on their way. 

As I am sat at the back of the library I can see everyone's laptop screens, not that I'm looking but so far someone has an assignment on kidney function and disease, someone has a journal open on motivation in the police force and there seems to be a few assignments based on Facebook (and blogger...)

Oh no, someone just did a squeaky hello. They are now talking about their assignment and that a girl looks nice in her new green jumper, from Topshop, in the sale. Bargain. 

Ahh Library chronicles. I really should get back to Perry 1997 

Love 
RHS x 

No comments:

Post a Comment